Thursday, January 24, 2013

My first trip to a real yarn shop!

My transformation into yarn addict is complete. I visited our local yarn shop, Stitch Your Art Out. It was absolute yarn eye candy. Everywhere. I could have died.

There's the sign! It seemed to beckon us inside, where we could browse the yarn in the warm cozy interior, sheltered from the bitter winter cold.

If my Pinterest adventures have taught me anything, it is that you aren't truly initiated until you've touched craft store yarns. My goal was to hold the legendary Noro in my hands. And I did. And it was GOOD.

There was more! Walls of yarn, as far as the eye could see! My daughter was so inspired she ran around taking pictures, going on and on about the things she would make (once she actually mastered crocheting, which is an ongoing struggle).

After much deliberation, I finally settled on 4 skeins of yarn - two of the planned Noro and two skeins of something I'd never heard of - Berroco Comfort Yarn. I was pleasantly surprised by its soft, smooth texture and gorgeous, vibrant colors. Now to start on my new project, these adorable owls! I thought these little guys would be a great way to stretch my fancy new yarns. I can't wait to see how they turn out!

With an important work deadline behind me, I have a few days to focus on creating pretty things. You just watch me run!

No comments:

Post a Comment